Tuesday, April 29, 2008

um yea

Adjusting back to life after the AZT is always the hardest part.
It wasn't 5 minutes at work and I would have traded it for headwinds from hell and hobo camps in a heartbeat. Blair had the right idea - tour South to the border and turn around for the AZT300. Some fantastic write ups from Scott, Troy, Mike and Marshal.
Riding the AZT pulls me very strongly in two directions. One direction is to never stop. The other is to get back to my family as soon as possible. So I try to have my cake and eat it too.
Some days I just ride my bike.


















And put things in perspective.




























Catharsis through climbing.














And one thing reigns supreme.





5 comments:

Gnome said...

Nice Words Yuri Cakes

ERic said...

Great family shot - can seen why they are your number-1. As always the write ups and pics are ultra cool and make me want to ride the desert again, but travel cost is really getting too high for me to justify it.
ERic

Sean said...

Nice post. But what, no Whiskey?

YuriB said...

I traded the WOR for hanging drywall and muddin......wish you were here.

Sean said...

You pay for the ticket and I'll be there. Or you could just wait another 26 months, there's been talk in the S and M household of a triumphant return.